OpenDNS
www.opendns.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

OpenDNS is an awesome place to work

ProsThere's a lot of transparency between teams and everybody is more than willing to work together to get the job done. I've observed that as we continue to grow our company and grow our product, we've hit some spots where the growing pains are apparent. However, I've found that everybody is willing to come together to address them and work through them as quickly as possible. Discussions among staff, work-related or not, are fruitful and I always manage to learn something new when interacting with my co-workers. On top of all of that, I feel that the time and effort that I put in as an employee are appreciated and respected.

ConsI've honestly given this question some thought, and I can't come up with anything. Like I said earlier, we hit snags and growing pains here and there, but they're addressed quickly and desirably.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Pass down the vision and your enthusiasm, and everything else will follow.

Company with the potential to be truly great

I have been working at OpenDNS full-time

Pros: Good benefits, all the standard silicon valley tech company perks, annual trip to Tahoe, highly… Cons: Works is not evenly distributed. Some departments need to put in much… Advice to Senior Management: Be aware of the broader impact of having unequal standards… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I'm glad I found this place! Great work / Life balance

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at OpenDNS full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Relaxed culture. No boiler room politics here. -Experienced management -Cool product that is evolving to the next level very soon -Comp is good -Good perks ( free food every… Cons: - Still some growing pains with sales operations. However, you can see they are actively working on… Advice to Senior Management: -Keep the culture as it is and the talent will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OpenDNS.

Worked for OpenDNS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenDNS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OpenDNS CEO David Ulevitch. All reviews posted anonymously by OpenDNS employees.