There are newer employer reviews for OpenDNS

OpenDNS is an awesome place to work

I have been working at OpenDNS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of transparency between teams and everybody is more than willing to work together to get the job done. I've observed that as we continue to grow our company and grow our product, we've hit some spots where the growing pains are apparent. However, I've found that everybody is willing to come together to address them and work through them as quickly as possible. Discussions among staff, work-related or not, are fruitful and I always manage to learn something new when interacting with my co-workers. On top of all of that, I feel that the time and effort that I put in as an employee are appreciated and respected.

Cons

I've honestly given this question some thought, and I can't come up with anything. Like I said earlier, we hit snags and growing pains here and there, but they're addressed quickly and desirably.

Keep doing what you're doing. Pass down the vision and your enthusiasm, and everything else will follow.

reviews filtered by

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at OpenDNS

Pros

Great culture, promotes learning and growing, genuinely wants you to succeed, very bright coworkers. And the food is delicious.

Cons

You should bring your A game, because everyone else is and expects you to as well. Hard to say that's a bad thing, but it can be a big shift if you're coming from somewhere more lax.

You have something really special brewing so far, keep it up.

Great company with great people. Excellent engineering staff and excellent executive leadership.

I worked at OpenDNS

Pros

Smart people, fun to work with.

Cons

It's a startup, with attendant workload and risks.

There are newer employer reviews for OpenDNS