OpenDNS

www.opendns.com

Fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

Pros

One of the greatest things about working at OpenDNS is the people. Everyone wants the company to succeed and everyone puts in the time time and effort to reach that goal. We're always raising our own bar. All that said, it's not a stressful environment. I've never found myself feeling like someone wasn't pulling their weight or doing their part.

The only constant at OpenDNS is growth. The company is always innovating. We're never happy with what we have; it can always be better.

Cons

Depending on where you work in the company some on-call work might be required. No one enjoys it, but it is a shared responsibility that we take seriously. While the is only one person on-call, everyone is available to help them if needed. Look at that, a con turned pro.

Other reviews for OpenDNS

A geeky startup with a sense of humor, scale, and a great momentum

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Geeky technologies and peoples - low-level network programming, big data, mobile, webdev.

Operating at the scale that most startups don't see in their dreams, tens of billions queries per day

The management is more transparent and honest to the employees than most companies I know

The mobile security industry doesn't even really exist yet, but is already ripe for disruption

The orange color - swag I can wear!!!

Cons

Not much, really... people already mentioned "more organization" but then again there is a lot of awesomeness in not having the kind of rigid structure that the bigger companies are known for, especially when the employees are competent.

Keep at it!

pretty good!

Former Employee - Software Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

great internship to try a diverse # projects

Cons

not much. organization could be a tad better

There are newer employer reviews for OpenDNS.

Worked for OpenDNS? Contribute to the Community!