There are newer employer reviews for OpenDNS

Could be a really cool place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OpenDNS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is full of the usual perks: free food a few times per week, surprise treats delivered every so often and monthly happy hour gatherings. If you're straight out of college looking for a fun full time gig, than I'm going to say the roles and pay may work well for you.

Cons

This is a startup that has people that have worked up the ranks to get to their position. No experience, not really qualified, just calling the shots on small picture type stuff. At 100 plus people this was quite scary for me. Everyone looks at the upcoming launch projects and not enough at the problems that need to be fixed before the upcoming products are released. There just wasn't enough structure, processes, leadership strength or opportunities in place for me to be happy working for this company.

Other Employee Reviews for OpenDNS

Poor Management, lack of transparency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OpenDNS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Typical start-up perks - tons of free snack, free lunch 3 days a week, fun happy hours and team outings, yoga offered in the office and Waffle Wednesdays.

Cons

Communicating with management was horrible - they were often too busy to make time to talk with their employees. No career path and very little guidance. No help with growing within the company. Compensation wasn't great. Limited projects so the work could get boring fairly quickly.

Truly love where you work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenDNS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture & perks. You work with such smart, devoted people that it makes work worthy and fun to do. You're constantly learning and there's not only a lot of potential for the company's future, but also for your personal goals. The company makes it a point to focus on making sure hard work doesn't go unnoticed. Leadership is fantastic and I can only see their vision taking us on to bigger and better things. World-class talent working toward becoming a world-class security company.

Cons

Not much to complain about. We have an open door policy so if any issue does arise, it isn't hard to approach management. Typical growing pains of a start-up, but those aren't cons at all!