OpenDNS

www.opendns.com
  www.opendns.com
There are newer employer reviews for OpenDNS

Could be a really cool place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OpenDNS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is full of the usual perks: free food a few times per week, surprise treats delivered every so often and monthly happy hour gatherings. If you're straight out of college looking for a fun full time gig, than I'm going to say the roles and pay may work well for you.

Cons

This is a startup that has people that have worked up the ranks to get to their position. No experience, not really qualified, just calling the shots on small picture type stuff. At 100 plus people this was quite scary for me. Everyone looks at the upcoming launch projects and not enough at the problems that need to be fixed before the upcoming products are released. There just wasn't enough structure, processes, leadership strength or opportunities in place for me to be happy working for this company.

30 Other Employee Reviews for OpenDNS (View Most Recent)

One of the best places to work in San Francisco

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenDNS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

We have great perks overall including awesome food. You are working with highly talented people. Small enough to meet and get a chance to pick the brains of colleagues. Open communication and tools to facilitate that communication. Numerous events for being social, skill development, and personal release. Overall a great environment to for career and personal growth.

Cons

No real challenges. I wish we were served lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but this may be a possibility in the future as we grow.

Management does a great job.

Fun Environment, Challenging Work, Countless Opportunities

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenDNS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coming into work provides new challenges and new opportunities everyday. The sense of community allows you to celebrate your wins and learn from your losses. Everyone works together to achieve a common goal. Not to mention the office space is super awesome with comfortable couches and communal work areas. A fridge stocked with awesome food, snacks and drinks doesn't hurt either!

Cons

The kitchen has too much good food.

More fitness groups and classes to encourage people to get up away from their desks and get moving.

There are newer employer reviews for OpenDNS