There are newer employer reviews for OpenTable

Amazing people and company culture. Have high hopes for the future of the company

Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenTable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed and fun work environment, great morale, work/life balance is superb. Tons of vacation time, management is always extremely understanding.

Cons

Benefits/compensation/perks needs to be better for a Bay Area tech company that is doing extremely well. There needs to be more transparency and structure to positions/promotions/raises and more emphasis on employee progress and career goals. Most people tend to leave due to better pay elsewhere or lack of or slow progression/promotions.

Advice to Management

Please try to retain current employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits. Internal growth also needs to be stressed so that employees feel like they have a career here and are compelled to stay.

0 reviews filtered by

Great place to work and headed in a great direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenTable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is becoming a more agile, faster moving technology company. Beautiful modern, open office space. Fun, open, collaborative culture. Big vision of rethinking the entire dining experience (not just reservations). Great work/life balance and lots of flexibility on work schedule and location.

Cons

Still in somewhat of a transition period from the older parts of the company to the newer, faster moving culture.

Very positive experience during my 3+ years there. Cares deeply about their employees, product, and clients.

Former Employee - Finance
    Former Employee - Finance

I worked at OpenTable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at OT. A lot of great people to work with. I feel very strongly about the stability of OpenTable. Beautiful office in a great location for arriving, leaving, eating, drinking, and dining.

Cons

I can't name many cons. Compensation could be better, but I thought it was fair. There could be a little more transparent between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.