OpenTable

www.opentable.com
There are newer employer reviews for OpenTable

Great company

I worked at OpenTable

Pros

Innovative, responsive, advance and growing

Cons

Low pay and benefits not great

Increase pay

58 Other Employee Reviews for OpenTable (View Most Recent)

It makes a huge difference to work with a group of people who are friendly, engaged, and ready to collaborate.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenTable full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It feels like everyone wants to work towards making the company and it's mission more effective. The people are super friendly and there is a big emphasis on making workplace culture a warm and inviting environment.

Cons

Some people work very long hours, and there can be the underlying expectation that you need to be available regardless of day or time.

Good work, good People and good times.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OpenTable full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The People - An intelligent and collaborative workforce that makes it enjoyable to come into work every day. Everyone does seem to respect one another professionally as well as personally; the people are genuinely nice. People also ask the right questions, and move forward on ideas accordingly (Decisions are thoughtout and most of the time are backed with data).
    The Location - Downtown San Francisco. Can't really beat where the HQ is, and the office space is welcoming.
    The Happy Hours - Creatively themed and a lot of fun. Not overproduced (nor a waste of dollars) these events typically are centered around the employees. Most notable have been Halloween, Kentucky Derby with employees riding large toy horses around the office, St. Patricks Day and then the impromptu happy hours that happen out of thin air and typically include people from various departments.
    Base salary is competitive and the RSUs add a nice touch. Happy with the benefits too.
    Seems to be a time for opportunity and growth for the business and me as an employee. I'm excited for the growth of the product.

Cons

At times I feel like the work hours can be a little long in comparison to my friends that work at other companies in the Bay Area but in all honesty I think this could also be a result of me not feeling the need to rush out of the office right at 5pm. (The hours are better than east coast NYC hours)
    401K match seems slightly low but the RSUs make up for it.

There seems to have been a very positive shift for the company over the past year or so. This began prior to the Priceline acquisition, and has continued onward. I'm hopeful that management stays this course, and continues to create and drive innovative features for our products.

There are newer employer reviews for OpenTable