OpenText
www.opentext.com Waterloo, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

OT has become a one CEO show

ProsMostly good people, and a few hidden gems. OT is rich of his people. Great skills and personalities but most of the time under-utilized or un-appreciated.

ConsPyramidal decision making is biggest challenge. CEO asks all the right questions and has the right strategy, but engages too deep in tactical activities (down to e-mail marketing subject line sometime) resulting in paralysis. Demotivated sales force, clueless marketing, overwhelmed R&D and excessive bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running a 5,500 people company as a 100 people one.

Great working environment, working on cool technology

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Interesting projects, diversity of products to work on, management tries to match skills… Cons: Long release cycles, some great products in the works, but it takes… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline internal processes, we are are process company after all. More transparency from ELT to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay Away Until a New CEO is Placed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OpenText

Pros: Benefits, Time Off are great. Excellent Customers and great… Cons: No respect or value for employees or retention, especially front-line sales.… Advice to Senior Management: Get a new CEO and think twice about retaining the dedicated force you have left...many of us are being welcomed with open arms by competitors.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on OpenText.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. All reviews posted anonymously by OpenText employees.