Good company for beginners.

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer  in  Hyderābād (India)
Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice place to learn many technologies in the beginning of career. Cool work environment.
Pick and drop facility. No work pressure. Balanced life.

Cons

No career growth once you go up. Not much challenging work ( atleast in my project). No way to learn new technologies. No process in the company. No benefits apart from cab facility

Other Reviews for OpenText

Great working environment, working on cool technology

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting projects, diversity of products to work on, management tries to match skills and carrier path with existing possibilities. Great working environment with work life balance.

Cons

Long release cycles, some great products in the works, but it takes long to get them out to customers. Average or below average pay.

Streamline internal processes, we are are process company after all. More transparency from ELT to managers to individual contributors. Keep pushing EIM cloud and investing in high growth products and locales.

Stay Away Until a New CEO is Placed

I worked at OpenText

Pros

Benefits, Time Off are great. Excellent Customers and great people - what's left of the long-timers.

Cons

No respect or value for employees or retention, especially front-line sales. Extreme micro management in place and pay is 10-20% lower than market.

Get a new CEO and think twice about retaining the dedicated force you have left...many of us are being welcomed with open arms by competitors. Will take months, if not years ot recover from the loss of skilled, seasoned professionals required to have the conversations necessary, at the c-levels required to sell the large, diverse suite.

There are newer employer reviews for OpenText.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!