OpenText
www.opentext.com Waterloo, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stay Away Until a New CEO is Placed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Time Off are great. Excellent Customers and great people - what's left of the long-timers.

ConsNo respect or value for employees or retention, especially front-line sales. Extreme micro management in place and pay is 10-20% lower than market.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new CEO and think twice about retaining the dedicated force you have left...many of us are being welcomed with open arms by competitors. Will take months, if not years ot recover from the loss of skilled, seasoned professionals required to have the conversations necessary, at the c-levels required to sell the large, diverse suite.

Nice Place to Work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly Working Environment Good work life balance pick n drop Cons: You are not exposed to much challenging work and sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: No advice Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I worked at OpenText as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Company is in a strong position financially. They are continually improving processes for integrating acquired companies (and their employees) into… Cons: Departments can feel very isolated from each other. Unconventional desk configuration… Advice to Senior Management: It's good that videos and audio recordings are made available to those who are unable to attend events such as town halls, but it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OpenText.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. All reviews posted anonymously by OpenText employees.