OpenText

www.opentext.com

A complete disaster! Stay away!

Marketing (Former Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsSome smart people that have been with the company for some time now. Nice offices and a relatively competitive salary. The company's original senior execs are wonderful to work with.

Cons- A hodge podge of acquired product offerings that are not well integrated
- Little to no process in place to bring new employees up to speed, especially those in satellite offices
- Relatively new executive management team that does not take staff's suggestions under consideration

Since 2012, the company has hired on senior managers to lead marketing who have brought in a "my way or the highway" attitude that hampers creativity significantly. If you are considering a position within marketing, you've been forewarned of the toxic atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new marketing executives who actually bring the experience of planning and conducting marketing campaigns themselves...not just managers who make demands and take credit for the work of their teams.

Great Company to work for - if you know whose shoulders to rub

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at OpenText full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Dynamic, good processes and efficient workforce Cons: Hard to be recognized for a promotion unless you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be a great place....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at OpenText full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people to work with, fast pace, have a lot of… Cons: No time to train, very little support from upper management,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on OpenText.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!