OpenText
www.opentext.com Waterloo, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a horrible company

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

ProsOpen Text is not going to disappear anytime soon, the overall goals of the company are very clear and senior management is very committed to those goals.

ConsAlthough, the company is stable their acquisition scheme makes job security very impossible to gauge. Very often "redundant" positions are eliminated and unnecessary fat is trimmed. Employee appraisals are pointless, since there is no reward for good or excellent performance. At the time of the acquisition of my company we were told that our salaries would be reviewed and they would rebalance us accordingly. Based on all research we are grossly underpaid and no talk any longer of relieving that.

Although, Open Text is growing it does not seem that there are many opportunities for advancement. The few opportunities that do come up, middle management will bypass protocol and just simply “tap” someone to move up. In many cases this is based on subjective criteria rather than raw facts, and gives the appearance of inadequacy. Morale can be very low at times, however senior management will rally the troops in an attempt to make them forget about how little they make and their future is very bleak to say the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management and shareholders, is to forget about the $2 Million that the CEO is paid each year, and start taking care of those who take care of them. When we received a 29% increase in health care costs, Open Text did nothing to help offset that cost to the employees. With inflation moving so quickly, you would expect to at least maintain a resonable living.

Horrible - Stay Away

Sales (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at OpenText

Pros: Good place to work if you're interested in collecting a… Cons: Terrible place to work if you want to accomplish anything. Advice to Senior Management: You have to treat/ reward employees better. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It all depends on your group

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at OpenText

Pros: - Laid back attitude - Challenging projects Cons: - High pressure work - Because they're recently acquired, changes within… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on OpenText.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. All reviews posted anonymously by OpenText employees.