There are newer employer reviews for OpenText

Horrible - Stay Away

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at OpenText

Pros

Good place to work if you're interested in collecting a pay check

Cons

Terrible place to work if you want to accomplish anything.

You have to treat/ reward employees better.

276 Other Employee Reviews for OpenText (View Most Recent)

Not a horrible company

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at OpenText

Pros

Open Text is not going to disappear anytime soon, the overall goals of the company are very clear and senior management is very committed to those goals.

Cons

Although, the company is stable their acquisition scheme makes job security very impossible to gauge. Very often "redundant" positions are eliminated and unnecessary fat is trimmed. Employee appraisals are pointless, since there is no reward for good or excellent performance. At the time of the acquisition of my company we were told that our salaries would be reviewed and they would rebalance us accordingly. Based on all research we are grossly underpaid and no talk any longer of relieving that.

Although, Open Text is growing it does not seem that there are many opportunities for advancement. The few opportunities that do come up, middle management will bypass protocol and just simply “tap” someone to move up. In many cases this is based on subjective criteria rather than raw facts, and gives the appearance of inadequacy. Morale can be very low at times, however senior management will rally the troops in an attempt to make them forget about how little they make and their future is very bleak to say the least.

My advice to management and shareholders, is to forget about the $2 Million that the CEO is paid each year, and start taking care of those who take care of them. When we received a 29% increase in health care costs, Open Text did nothing to help offset that cost to the employees. With inflation moving so quickly, you would expect to at least maintain a resonable living.

It all depends on your group

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at OpenText

Pros

- Laid back attitude
    - Challenging projects

Cons

- High pressure work
    - Because they're recently acquired, changes within the company/group are a given so be careful.

Invest in your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for OpenText