There are newer employer reviews for OpenX

Chaotic, demanding, and fun

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at OpenX full-time

Pros

The work is interesting, the office amenities nice, and the people by and large are talented and easy to work with. The exec team is approachable and smart.

Cons

Compensation is on the low side, and retention seems to be an issue. A decent number of employees don't make it more than 1-2 years either due to poor performance or burn out.

Bring compensation in line with the industry.

32 Other Employee Reviews for OpenX (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, smart people and truly enjoyable!

Current Employee - Director, Product
    Current Employee - Director, Product

I have been working at OpenX full-time for less than a year

Pros

I make a difference and love contributing to our overall success.
    I see clear strategy and opportunity for us to continue to expand.
    I count on my manager and executives to display great judgement for our business, team and clients.
    I know my manager and executives are open and available for a conversation about our company, process and products. It doesn't matter who you are, open door policy.
    I have a great relationship with my manager - no agendas, no BS, no reading between the lines - just plain ol' straight shooting.
    I know our work ethic resonates and builds our creditability.
    I experience great collaboration and teamwork, especially during an escalation. We all come together and kick ass with a single, common goal. It feels great!

Cons

Need to be flexible and nimble in an environment like ours and unfortunately not everyone is suited for that.
    As with any growing company, its imperative to have solid process and proper communication. I think we are good, but could do even better here.

Maintain the culture and values that have attracted so many brilliant, interesting people to work here in the first place. Hire for culture, train for skill.

I'm part of middle management at OpenX and have worked at other technology companies including Yahoo! and I can honestly that this is best place I have ever been a part of. Even though my commute is not optimal (almost 3 hours a day), I come to work excited and inspired to be here.

Interesting, Smart Work and Dynamic Products

I have been working at OpenX full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's rare to feel the satisfaction I feel everyday when I get to work at OpenX. What they've managed to do is take the feel of a startup and apply it to a strongly financed, enterprise company that serves an incredibly complex industry. As such, there needs to be constant communication between teams, and as a member of the product team, I feel very fortunate to have to level of access to teams and customers to be able to make an impact with every project. OpenX is a successful company, not only in ad tech, a successful industry, but also as a result of the open environment where we are allowed to make an impact with the products.

Cons

Sometimes, getting the teams priorities to align are a challenge. We spend longer than we should discussing ways to get projects delivered on track, but the execs are hard at work to solve these challenges.

Listen to your employees, get out of their way and let them do great work.

There are newer employer reviews for OpenX

Worked for OpenX? Contribute to the Community!