Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Opera Mediaworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a very diverse culture and "open" in terms of flex time and sharing ideas. It's a growing company and it's fun, fast, exciting, and cutting edge. I've never been a company where the growth rate was this exponential. I feel our product is innovative, have rich set of features, and seeks to answer the needs of our customers. Upper management is open to share the vision of the company and show strategically how we plan on growing the business. The people are smart, open, caring, fun, and take our work and responsibilities seriously. I love the passion and energy of coming to work and know my co-workers actually care about what we do and want to service our customers and strive to improve. I feel opportunities are there for career growth for those that seizes it. At the same time, nurturing, support, and guidance are also available for those less ambitious and need more direction.

Cons

We're a growing company and there are kinks that needs to be worked out. For those that need more certainty, structure, and set defined processes; it might be hard to adjust. We're also in a complicated industry where the technology is advance so the learning curve is high. It is a bit of the "survival" mentality in the beginning so preservation and persistence is key. Compensation can be more competitive to the Valley's standards.

Other Employee Reviews for Opera Mediaworks

Great!

Current Employee - Technical in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Opera Mediaworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of learning opportunity Everyone contributes towards growth by knowledge sharing Flexibility with work hours Free drinks, Free breakfast, Free snacks Beers and Wednesday Free Lunch

Cons

Too many platform integration can make you lose focus. It takes time to adapt to this culture.

Advice to Management

None

I love working here!

I have been working at Opera Mediaworks full-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Opera is the diversity of the staff.

Cons

Too many chiefs! Tough getting things done when you have to wait for approvals!

Advice to Management

Learn to get along with all the entities and make decisions quicker. Share the wealth! If the company is doing so well...why don't the employees get some of the profits!! Just saying...couldn't do it without us :)