Opera Mediaworks

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Mediaworks

Best company I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Opera Mediaworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a very diverse culture and "open" in terms of flex time and sharing ideas. It's a growing company and it's fun, fast, exciting, and cutting edge. I've never been a company where the growth rate was this exponential. I feel our product is innovative, have rich set of features, and seeks to answer the needs of our customers. Upper management is open to share the vision of the company and show strategically how we plan on growing the business. The people are smart, open, caring, fun, and take our work and responsibilities seriously. I love the passion and energy of coming to work and know my co-workers actually care about what we do and want to service our customers and strive to improve. I feel opportunities are there for career growth for those that seizes it. At the same time, nurturing, support, and guidance are also available for those less ambitious and need more direction.

Cons

We're a growing company and there are kinks that needs to be worked out. For those that need more certainty, structure, and set defined processes; it might be hard to adjust.

We're also in a complicated industry where the technology is advance so the learning curve is high. It is a bit of the "survival" mentality in the beginning so preservation and persistence is key.

Compensation can be more competitive to the Valley's standards.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Opera Mediaworks (View Most Recent)

I love working here!

I have been working at Opera Mediaworks full-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Opera is the diversity of the staff.

Cons

Too many chiefs! Tough getting things done when you have to wait for approvals!

Learn to get along with all the entities and make decisions quicker. Share the wealth! If the company is doing so well...why don't the employees get some of the profits!! Just saying...couldn't do it without us :)

We get to play a huge role in shaping a brand new industry

I have been working at Opera Mediaworks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Position in the market: we're set up to be the big thought leaders
    - Great product innovation
    - Empowered to do and create things on your own, without a lot of bureaucracy or red tape
    - Fast paced and exciting

Cons

- Very spread out team, lots of employees in lots of offices. Four offices in the bay area alone.
    - Really different cultures between teams
    - Focus on profitability could stunt growth from making long term investments

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Mediaworks