Opera Solutions

www.operasolutions.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions

Une direction dogmatique et aveugle. Dogmatic and blind leadership

Current Employee - Directeur
Current Employee - Directeur

(Translated from English)

Pros

Peu de choses à vrai dire

not much I must say

Cons

Approche dogmatique de la conception des offres, ne correspond pas aux besoins des clients.
Direction aveugle/sourde à NY/NJ : ne voit pas/n'écoute pas le feed-back du bas.
Communication internet trop sûre d'elle pour booster les employés, ne paraît pas crédible.
La valeur première de la direction supérieure est d'obtenir de l'argent rapidement => très mauvaise gestion RH.
La présidence est incapable de prendre une décision - relègue tout au personnel secondaire. La direction de la société n'est pas en phase avec les objectifs ambitieux (et irréalistes) fixés par les investisseurs.
Et tellement d'autres choses...

- dogmatic approach to conceive offer, not corresponding to clients needs
- blind/deaf management in NY/NJ: do not see/listen to feedback from the ground
- over-confident internal communication to boost employees, does not sound credible
- first value of top management is money and getting rich rapidly => very poor HR management
- CEO not able to take any decision - leave it to second sidekicks
- Company leadership not at par for the ambitious objectives (and unrealistic) set by investors
- and so many more...

Aterrissez.

land to earth

170 Other Employee Reviews for Opera Solutions (View Most Recent)

Fast Learning Curve, Exposure to work on Big Data - Cool Company

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- High Paying Job in comparison to other firms in Advanced Analytics / Big Data Space

- Flexible Work Hours - as expected when I joined Opera, I noticed that extreme care is taken to deliver exemplary work but what surprised me is that Managers here are highly flexible and sensitive to your personal time / work hours. Managers you work with are just like you - smart, Knowledgeable, witty and extremely helpful

- Focus on attracting and nurturing right talent - as a school champion, I have seen the rigor which goes into candidate interviews, and attracting right talent / mindset - an important reason which I think will keep this company ahead of market for years to come. Another interesting aspect I noticed is that mentors here keep an eye on your goals (it comes without saying that you are responsible for your on Growth, but if you have questions about what to pick, which areas to explore, there will be senior managers to guide you).

- Exposure to advanced data analytics solutions - the Big Data Platform - Signal Hub - is very powerful and unique. Also, it forms the core of company investment and rightly so, as more this platform matures, better it is for the industry and delivery teams.

- As a Company DNA, Opera only attracts smart and bright candidates, so high-quality deliverable is never an issue.

- Exposure to work with Market Leaders across Industries - the accounts are pretty big and are market leaders. It feels comforting when you notice that you are the science behind lot of campaigns ongoing in the market - it is like "INTEL INSIDE" :)

Cons

- As widely discussed, this company has made a transition from Consulting to Big Data firm, and it has both pros and cons - pros being that there is emphasis on Problem Solving, Discussions and Ideas. The Con is that sometimes it does not feel right to invest time in problem solving every minor detail. It is too much of intellectual concentration - which sometimes seem to be distracted by focus on over-solving EVERY problem.

1) Focus on sales and expand work with other large companies (I am sure this might be already being done, but thought I should outline).
    2) Start Certification Programs with External Vendors - SAS, R etc.

Good momentum building...

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The analytic talent and ability to deliver effective solutions is amazing. Opera's capability to provide deep and effective predictive and prescriptive analytics is way beyond just another "Big Data" bolt-on play. A lot of companies are touting Big Data effectiveness, but no one is doing what Opera is doing. The quality of people at Opera is phenomenal hence our ability to do things that other companies can not.

Cons

The old "consulting culture" is changing as more systems & structure are put into place, but it can't change quickly enough. It seems that there is not a system in place, so the "silo-ed" business functions don't have a way to share progress and success across the entire company (beyond water-cooler talk or a paragraph in an email).

Continue to seek and find the "outlier" talent... not just people with the big-name company pedigree, but the builder, the self-motivator, the driven-by-heart not numbers player. Continue to strive towards excellence to celebrate and demonstrate our effectiveness so everyone is proud of our "wins". Continue the struggle towards culture change.

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions