Opera Solutions

www.operasolutions.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions

Despite the long hours and big work load, the company treats you very well.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fairly flexible schedule
4 weeks vacation
Lunch provided on Friday
Opportunity to learn new skills
Friendly staff

Cons

It feels like the company has lost its direction and is losing a lot of employees. We just got a lot of money from investors but it seems to be going quick on helping us find our way again.

Communicate with each other so we can all head in the same direction. Let the employees know what's going on within the company. Find out why we are losing so many employees lately. It's bad for morale.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Opera Solutions (View Most Recent)

Mixed Experience, Failing Company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great career building experience in a very hot market (Predictive Analytics). The scientists/modelers are profoundly collaborative people who are have great faith in software (not necessarily software engineers). Flexible career options. Friday lunches, happy-hour, high-tea. Good community of people who are sincerely trying to succeed.

Cons

Lack of IT and computing infrastructure conforming to industry standards is holding both analytics and software divisions. Dev-Ops team, which was functional, just disappeared entirely. Company has been steadily losing employees (about 1-3 a week) and laid-off all hiring staff in US. Factions between and within various offices deadlock any meaningful software development, in turn causing significant cash-burn without any enabling revenue. Competing in over-saturated markets because of several employee's and manager's history with Fair-Isaac

Opera Getting Its Act Together

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Brilliant people to work with. Very cool projects. Much better communication. Deals starting to take shape at Opera. No doubt prior management had issues but now things seem to starting to take hold. Good to see new outside talent coming in. Recent deal closures and new outside relationships are real and with some of largest companies on the planet.

Cons

Still has work to do in getting company and messaging aligned. Some leaders still need help. Stop chasing tails.

Stay focused. Keep on the path and stick to the current organization that has been put in place. Review compensation program for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions