Opera Solutions

Opera: A mixed bag

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Opera Solutions

Pros

Fast growing, great career opportunities, very down to earth people, some really good projects. Very challenging - need to prove oneself in a firm with no institutional way of doing things (it is just 4 years old after all). Blue chip clients. Pay is slightly higher than typical, for high performance people. Very international culture - more than 30 nationalities in a company of 300 people. CEO Arnab Gupta (and some of the senior leaders) are thought leaders but still open and accessible.

Cons

Firm leaning more and more on analytics. Very few middle managers command respect. Very few domain experts.

Spend more time in providing feedback and grooming people, be more consistent with firm branding (internal and external)

170 Other Employee Reviews for Opera Solutions (View Most Recent)

Exciting 3 Years in terms of Learning and Meeting Talent in Industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) Multiple challenging and exciting ongoing engagements to drive your career trajectory - interestingly if you have right mindset and neck to learn, you will have ton of choices to drive your career path.
    2) Learning curve is really steep here as you have a choice to pick from science, analytics and consulting work ... I switched my core focus from Consulting to Analytics and Scientists in the company were really helpful, especially the Chief Scientist and she supported my choice. Thankfully, I have performed to Management's expectation and I got steep learning in return (which is priceless in my opinion).
    3) Talented Peer Group - It is amazing to notice diverse and talented peer group here - answer to any complex industry problem reside around you (it sounds an overstatement but it is true). Lot of codification is done in terms of signals/ insights - having said that, you can't codify Human Brain - and one of the best Pro in Opera is an extremely Talented Resource pool

Cons

1) Inflow of large projects have not been consistent, and it opens up bandwidth in the workforce. More multiple years deal need to be signed to ensure that resources remain engaged. Couple of my friends were poached by a competitor firm, which I found annoying especially since exposure here in Opera is way more than any other company could offer.
    2) Flow of resources between Consulting And Analytics should be streamlined - I was lucky but there might be other resources who might be good and might be thinking about making move to Analytics - it should be formalized.

We should invest more time on hiring and retaining scientists. Another suggestion is that we should focus on identifying resources who are smart and might be tuned to be great in Analytics - can those be trained through proper training programs?

Staffing Specialist

I worked at Opera Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work culture is great, work-life balance

Cons

Frequent re-org leads demotivation among employees

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions