Opera Solutions

www.operasolutions.com

A OK company but not good.

Current Employee - Staff Scientist  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staff Scientist in San Diego, CA

Pros

There are many smart people in the company. Projects are diverse, and you can learn a lot.

Cons

Poor management. Policies keeps changing, e.g., the bonus. I have never received bonus in 2 years. Many times the promises are simply promises (and never come true). Bad benefit.

Other reviews for Opera Solutions

Potential was high, but limited by the following factors.

Pros

Had good product potential and some great people in R&D and Science

Cons

lack of focus, discipline, and leadership

Lots of experience that will be taken with me

Pros

The variety and level of clients we work with is pretty amazing. Anything from a smaller company in a rural setting to a fortune 500 company right in NYC. Not only that, but there are healthcare companies, state agencies, banks, credit card companies, manufacturers, etc. The people area really intelligent and from all over, making for a (mostly) enjoyable experience. The work environment is awesome and something I wish more companies had. Gives you a good sense of freedom compared to the typical corporate structure.

Cons

Where to start on the cons. There is a definitive struggle to find a working strategy here. I think we all know we want to be innovative and product solutions in some way that harnesses data, big/small/disparate/whatever. Though we can't seem to get past fancy marketing and smoke/mirror tactics and simply explain the real value that we provide. I feel like we sell ourselves short of what we really do with trying to make it look like this magical machine that spits out insights. Nobody really knows what is going on, though it is hard to stay positive with how things are.

Another review mentioned this, but while the variety of work is nice, the quality of project can vary greatly. Plus we're now in the spot with little room to move.

We need more transparency and a clear/concise plan. Pick one and let us work towards it.

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!