Opera Solutions

www.operasolutions.com

A Grand Wasted Opportunity

Staff Scientist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWas given the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, creative, and talented colleagues ever. Opera's diverse set of clients allows analysts and scientists to hone many skills. The previous out-of-control CEO was finally replaced by someone who seems very competent and understands how to think strategically. Opera's pay is above average, but you'll work for it.

ConsThere are so many: the perpetually late (and highly opaque) review cycles whose results are often released when the next cycle is supposed to begin; the lack of strategic development of products that led to massive waste in capital and human potential; promised incentives that were never delivered; a sales staff that doesn't understand what is being promised or delivered; a 24/7 expected work environment that burns out employees; most of the best people have already left the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises to clients or employees that cannot be kept. Need more transparency in performance review and incentive pay.

Everyone wants to be successful until they see what it takes.

Engagement Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working with smart and talented people with constant flow of ideas. Company was… Cons: There will always be cons even with the most successful companies, the most successful failed before succeeding. Some of the people have a sense… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to move forward. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

NASCAR to Formula One in 9-12 months

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros: Just like Gene Haas is doing by getting the U.S. into F1 from NASCAR....Bernhard, and team, will be leading us through the transition from a… Cons: This transition isn't easy or quick....the corporate culture , processes etc need to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the lines of communication alive.... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Opera Solutions.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!