There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions

A Grand Wasted Opportunity

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Staff Scientist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Opera Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Was given the opportunity to work with some of the smartest, creative, and talented colleagues ever. Opera's diverse set of clients allows analysts and scientists to hone many skills. The previous out-of-control CEO was finally replaced by someone who seems very competent and understands how to think strategically. Opera's pay is above average, but you'll work for it.

Cons

There are so many: the perpetually late (and highly opaque) review cycles whose results are often released when the next cycle is supposed to begin; the lack of strategic development of products that led to massive waste in capital and human potential; promised incentives that were never delivered; a sales staff that doesn't understand what is being promised or delivered; a 24/7 expected work environment that burns out employees; most of the best people have already left the company.

Don't make promises to clients or employees that cannot be kept. Need more transparency in performance review and incentive pay.

reviews filtered by

Chaotic, political and lack of integrity in the sales process

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros

Intelligent workforce, competitive compensation, significant buzz in indistry

Cons

political and toxic work environment, poor man management, lack of integrity in the sales process

The high turnover and past shortcomings with major clients demonstrates that management needs to be more realistic and less desparate when selling new accounts and more importantly treat middle-management and other staff with more professionalism.

NASCAR to Formula One in 9-12 months

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros

Just like Gene Haas is doing by getting the U.S. into F1 from NASCAR....Bernhard, and team, will be leading us through the transition from a very successful consulting organization...to a successful analytics software company.

We have been racing F1 with a NASCAR team and that doesn't work....and there are some that will prefer to stay with the oval track....nothing wrong with that....but there are many of us that like the roar of a nicely tuned F1 engine....so we are very encouraged !

Communication is improving and things are changing....and we still have and attract the best talent....

Cons

This transition isn't easy or quick....the corporate culture , processes etc need to change....but we have the right team in place to make this happen. ....

Keep the lines of communication alive....

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions