Opower

Unorganized and Snobby Management

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Opower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, young crowd, company just went public and is growing immensely,
Cool office space with great kitchen (watch video online)

Cons

Unorganized HR department, leaves employees without answers to offers, very pretentious (not in a good way), many employees are very snooty

Don't be so snobby and unorganized

Mar 17, 2014Employer Brand Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Opower. Please feel welcome to talk to any HR representative about your concerns. Thanks for the review and feedback - and sharing your perspective.

Other Reviews for Opower

Save the world through glorified IT

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Opower full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people who do the actual work at the company are really nice and dedicated to helping save energy. The San Francisco office is in a great location for commuting and salaries are competitive.

Cons

This is NOT a normal software company. It's a Washington DC-based company that does large scale work for energy utility companies. The management in DC doesn't understand that they're not a software company though-- they think this big, ugly, custom dev shop is a SaaS and pitch it as such. It's not so bad to work at a company like this but it's really frustrating to be told how state of the art you are when you've worked at other places. Also, while the DC office is top notch by DC standards, the San Francisco office is on the low end of the scale for perks, food, setup, etc. Again, this isn't terrible, but the management is constantly telling us how great it is and how we're one of the best places to work.

You're out of touch! We're willing to work hard just because of the mission but stop telling us how happy we are and how great we are. We're not stupid, you know!

Feb 17, 2014Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the review. I appreciate your perspective and will pass along your feedback.

Smart, engaging, quality employees - Bring your A game or go home!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Opower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, awesome product - feels amazing to be in tech AND doing great things for the environment, too! Pre-IPO!

Cons

Meals provided are only every Friday, which is pretty inconvenient having to deal the riffraff, long lunch lines & smell of Market Street on a mostly daily basis. It would be more cost effective and a great perk to add daily meals into the mix so we can collaborate more and get back to work with a full belly w/o the hassle.

Keep hiring A game players - it shows!

Feb 7, 2014Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the review and meal suggestion. Note taken!

Also happy to hear how passionate you are about Opower!

There are newer employer reviews for Opower.

Worked for Opower? Contribute to the Community!