Opower

www.opower.com
  www.opower.com
There are newer employer reviews for Opower

OPOWER -- hyper-growth cash flow positive startup having a hugely positive impact on the environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Opower

Pros

OPOWER has a terrific culture, a great mission, and is a fun place to work. We're growing like crazy, and we're doing so by having a strong positive impact on emissions. As we grow past one hundred employees tens of millions in revenue, we're providing the same emissions reduction as 1/3 of the entire US solar industry.

Cons

It's a startup, so you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and solve problems from the ground up. Very little is spoon fed here -- you have to own your work and take responsibility for the good and the bad.

I'm a member of the management, so I don't think I should be giving myself advice on a public website. :-)

94 Other Employee Reviews for Opower (View Most Recent)

A company that ENGAGES.. Addictive!

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Opower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart people... I've been working in Intel and Oracle before and the professional level in Opower is even higher. In addition you really feel valued and the management is really helpful. By the way, it's the first time that I enjoy working for a company and I don't mind answering emails on the weekend... Dan and Alex got it! :)

When you feel that you are working for a nice company with nice people around and you are decreasing the climate change... What else can you ask for??? :)

I would like to add that even the brand is amazing. We have some goodies that are really nice and Opower is now a real brand with some marketing that is awesome!

Cons

There are two tiny issues I would complain for... First, there are a lot of internal reviews in a bad moment of the year. Second, the goodies that are sent to the offices out of the States are really poor... We don't get the good ones! ;)

Send more goodies to Europe!

And now seriously, please book the review times more wisely :)

Opower Response

Jul 31, 2014Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for this review and such helpful feedback! We've grown so much and want to keep the O experience the same as much as possible across the globe. I'm passing your review feedback to HR today ... More

Working hard with a great team

I have been working at Opower full-time

Pros

Contributing to saving energy as part of your day job.
    Great talent pool to work with.

Cons

There can be a culture of being on email threads 24/7.

There are newer employer reviews for Opower