Opportunity International

Great vision and mission

Former Employee - Regional Director  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Regional Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Opportunity International

Pros

Great vision and mission - helping the poorest of the poor get financing to start their own businesses and thus have meaningful productive work.
Great colleague, committed, thoughtful, fun, hardworking.

Cons

Unrealistic quotas, lack of communication from overseas.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Opportunity International (View Most Recent)

Intern experience-absolutely awful

Former Employee - Business Development Intern  in  Shuyang, Jiangsu (China)
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Shuyang, Jiangsu (China)

I worked at Opportunity International as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company declares itself as a nonprofit and has very effective people in the main leadership positions and has locations all over the world.

Cons

The local management is terrible. The job description and interviews are highly misleading, down to lying about what interns role was and what the company was paying for. High cultural barriers in the China branch and no one is available to speak English. After completing all work for the week and planning a short trip which would mean leaving early on Friday, they threatened to fire me from a position which I was not being paid for and which actually cost a thousands of dollars of my own money, after finishing a project that would have otherwise cost them hundreds of dollars. When trying to reason with them and explaining there was no more work to be done, they told me to quit and to be out of the apartment in the next few hours.

Gain a better understanding for the interns coming into the company. Be clear about the job and not misleading until it is too late. Live up to the agreed contract. Know the actual goings on in local offices.

Intern

I have been working at Opportunity International

Pros

Even though I was an intern at Opportunity International everyone treated me with the respect you would give to a full-time employee.

Cons

The amount of research, while necessary for the company, became redundant and boring.

There are newer employer reviews for Opportunity International

Worked for Opportunity International? Contribute to the Community!