Optaros

optaros.com

Internet projects with open source technology in an international company with good culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWorking on Next Generation Internet projects based on Open Source technology. The company culture is open, friendly and the hierarchy fairly flat. Projects are usually intensive and reasonably short so your experience grows quickly. There are opportunities to travel. Optaros has offices in several countries and employees are frequently exchanged between offices - or work remotely - on projects.
The methodology that Optaros uses for projects is a definite advantage. It gives you structure and allows you to get going quickly on new projects and with new teams.

ConsIt is a young company which is growing quickly. (At the time of this review, June 2008.) That means a certain amount of uncertainty about the company structure and individual opportunities.
Getting staffed on the projects that would be good for you in the role(s) you want is sometimes challenging. You can get stuck on boring projects and/or have to deal with bad clients. (As opposed to a company where you don't deal with clients directly.)
The company culture and business practices are not yet the same in each office even though that is a goal of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuard the quality of the culture.

Good company with some unique opportunities

Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at Optaros full-time for more than a year

Pros: Exposure to large clients and new tech. Interesting challenges, a… Cons: There is a desire for change, but it's happening too slow; even if good ideas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great place to develop yourself

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at Optaros full-time for less than a year

Pros: Really smart and talented people around you from which you can learn and share stuff. A culture based on openness… Cons: A little caught up in the mentality of "coding as last resort",… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Optaros.

Worked for Optaros? Contribute to the Community!