OptiMedica

www.optimedica.com

Startup that sold its manufacturing to Topcon.. Treated old employees poorly... now in early Startup Mode again (2010)

Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsSmart, caring people. Polite and driven to make customers happy. Advanced (80- people) startup but sold manufacturing to Topcon in July, 2010. Now, Optimedica is small (20 persons) and back in early Startup Mode.

ConsNew Optimedia is not driven to make a new cataract product before they run out of money. Hiring like crazy (Oct 2010) high end engineers only. Some Bosses (in RnD) in old Optimedia were not that smart and brown nosers. Say they care about people (manufacturing/customer/QA) but did not when they sold the that part of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better.. be more honest about money in the bank and be so darn "happy" all the time.

Self Employed 1099--not relevant to review`

Consultant (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at OptiMedica

Pros: Flexibility I can take as much vacation as I want I like… Cons: Lack of steady income, limited learning opportunities Need to continually look… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time prospecting. Do a better job networking with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Review

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at OptiMedica

Pros: great company to work for Cons: must supply own medical and dental Advice to Senior Management: none More
There are newer reviews on OptiMedica.

Worked for OptiMedica? Contribute to the Community!