Optical Express
www.opticalexpress.com Glasgow, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you are looking for a work life balance, I wouldn't work here.

Optometrist (Current Employee)
Saint Albans, England (UK)

I have been working at Optical Express

ProsThis is a dynamic company, constantly striving to introduce new and innovative refractive solutions.
The company pays well relative to other optical chains (Boots/D and A; Specsavers)

Cons1) Persistent unpaid overtime due bad management of the clinical diary - this happens in practically every store.
2) Overbooked optometrist diaries.
3) Excessive monitoring of your performance
4) Expectations to deliver high value sales with almost no regard to the patient's wants, needs or expectations.
5) Profits and sales mean everything to this company, almost nothing else matters.

Advice to Senior Management1) To this day, staff welfare is an unheard of term at Optical Express, you would to well to introduce this concept to the company.
2) Be prepared to sacrifice a tiny percentage of you short term profits for integrity and honesty with your patients and with your staff: this will enhance your reputation in the Ophthalmic community and amongst potential customers and will improve your growth both in terms of sales volumes/value and in your dismal ability to retain personnel.

NA

I have been working at Optical Express

Pros: Make great friends at work Cons: Gotta pay more to your empoyees. Advice to Senior Management: Pay more! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging, satisfying, enjoyable

I have been working at Optical Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great People, Great Product, Great Opportunities Cons: Structure & Organisation recognition for doing a good job Advice to Senior Management: be able to walk the talk. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Optical Express.

Worked for Optical Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Optical Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Optical Express CEO David Moulsdale. All reviews posted anonymously by Optical Express employees.