There are newer employer reviews for OptimisCorp

Growing company with great resources and enthusiastic employees

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will work with great people that are hard working and have high knowledge in their skill set. Company atmosphere is such that any of them are accessible whenever you have any questions. In 3 years I have experienced change and expansion of employees/teams, offices, management which could be good or bad but in this case has helped the company grow. Management sets fair and challenging expectations for you. The company has associated with it leaders in the industry that work hard to keep the product current. It is in competition to being the leading EMR for outpatient therapy and has excellent potential. I am truly excited to continue to see growth and looking forward to whats to come!

Cons

Being a start-up company there has been some hurdles to jump over but you learn from your mistakes. Progress with development can be slow. New management has "shaked" things up a bit but I think this is what was needed to continue with our mission and achieve our goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand and open lines of communication between the developers and the implementation team. Asking for feedback from those that work with our clients on a daily basis is worth while.

Other Employee Reviews for OptimisCorp

Don't let the fake reviews fool you

I worked at OptimisCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The concept is great. Kudos to the detail and depth of the documentation module. The employees in the clinics are great.

Cons

Management has no clear concept of project management. The reason the company is in trouble is because they did not follow a plan.

Advice to Management

Hire new management

2. A company with much added freedom

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of freedom for employees on the technology team. You can define your own work schedule so long as you get the job done, stay in the office for a reasonable amount of time, and do not miss the 10:30am standup. There's also free weekly lunches, where employees pick a restaurant to eat out at and the company reimburses the employee for the cost. Additionally, the office is located right by the beach. Since the company promotes wellness, you have the liberty to go on daily runs at the beach.

Cons

There were some issues with management and the company was in pretty bad shape the past few months. As a result, employee benefits were neglected: no performance reviews, employees haven't been reimbursed for free weekly lunches, etc.

Advice to Management

Now that upper-level management has repaired itself, it's time to start focusing on employee satisfaction and retention.