Optivest Properties

There are newer employer reviews for Optivest Properties

n/a

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Optivest Properties full-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible work schedule alot of freedom

Cons

old school mentality when it comes to managing people

too many chiefs not enough indians

Optivest Properties Response

Jun 12, 2014Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. Sorry that you did not have a great experience working for Optivest. We are constantly striving to improve the work-life experience for our team. If you have specific ... More

6 Other Employee Reviews for Optivest Properties (View Most Recent)

Best work experience I have ever had!

I have been working at Optivest Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly staff/ co-workers, positive work atmosphere, tons of opportunities to grow and learn, management takes the time to help and stay well connected with employees.

Cons

No 401 K matching and a crumby dental plan.

A good company but needs to hire better (and smarter) facility managers.

Former Employee - Consultant in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Optivest Properties part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Optivest is a good company to work for. I liked that they were VERY flexible with my school schedule. The pay is decent (as an entry-level worker) and anyone can execute the facility procedures. You just need to be trained. Give yourself a week working there and you'll master the procedures. However, learning the computer software will take longer. Working for the facilities that Optivest operates was super easy. Your responsibilities pretty much stay the same everyday. Optivest operates numerous facilities and I really liked the corporate management but I can't say the same for the managers they hire for the facilities they work with.

Cons

I worked at more than one facility and the facility managers I worked for usually had mediocre to below-average leadership abilities. Out of all the facilities I worked for, there was only one who demonstrated good leadership. But other than that one manager, all of them were uneducated, had no leadership traits, indecisive, (mostly) lazy, had no vision, made many mistakes, unable to handle difficult customers and computer illiterate. In essence, they really shouldn't have been managers but I'm aware why they get hired - because educated and successful-prone employees wouldn't work as a facility manager. So Optivest has to settle for mediocre candidates. Don't get me wrong though, because of their nature it made working there SUPER easy and stress-free. So that was a big plus. If you're one who doesn't care about that stuff (which is completely fine) then you would LOVE working there. Despite having mediocre managers I still recommend to work for them so as long as it's entry-level.

Hire better-quality facility managers. I'm not entirely sure what the interview process is like but it definitely wasn't a good system in my opinion.

Optivest Properties Response

Nov 7, 2014Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate it!

There are newer employer reviews for Optivest Properties