There are newer employer reviews for Optoro

Brief Stay but its was a pleasant place to work

Current Employee - Testing Specialist in Lanham, MD
Current Employee - Testing Specialist in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Optoro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management is very nice to the members from day 1 and they even take out the entire staff Company dinners and outings Fair Pay Working in teams of compatible people Management is approachable (for the most part) Good working enviroment Friendly Staff/ Coworkers

Cons

Losts of pressure to stay productive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and consider more internal promotions

Optoro Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent and HR Specialist

So glad you enjoyed your time at Optoro!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I couldn't be happier to work for Optoro

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

I have been working at Optoro

Pros

Even though I'm a contractor, I get flown in once a year on their costs to the US (I'm based in Europe). Communication works out great, with an Atlassian setup (JIRA and Confluence), Slack and regular Google Hangouts for standups, meetings,... They're trying hard to integrating remote people into the company, stream talks online, try to match our timezones, etc., which I'm personally very happy about. While being there, I could see and feel the corporate culture in their office, which is very open, appreciative and friendly. The location of the DC downtown office is awesome, so easy to reach with public transport, bycicles or even walking, and great food is just around every corner. The domain they're operating in is very interesting, has lots of facets and not only has a real business behind it (something which is sometimes ignored in startup world, imho) but also an environmental impact factor, which makes you feel good, looking at the bigger picture. People are open for new ideas, you voice is heard and also management is actively looking for feedback and improvement ideas.

Cons

Lots of new hires (of course), so processes need to follow up a bit, but that one is being sorted out right now.

Advice to Management

Proceed on your path - imho you're doing a great job! Just keep an eye on keeping things lean and effective.

Optoro Response

Jul 14, 2015 – Talent and HR Specialist

Thanks for the kind words! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your time with us.

2. Great company to work for

I have been working at Optoro

Pros

Double bottom-line business; Highly capable and accomplished Senior Management; Open communication; Clear and defined goals; Challenging mission that rewards success; Rapidly growing; Great people; Competitive compensation; Great benefits and perks, such as catered lunches and beach parties.

Cons

Not everyone is held to same high performance standards; Experience is often valued over aptitude.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.