There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Sometimes it's pleasant and most of the times it's frustrating with no salary increases or bonuses for multiple years.

Current Employee - Financial Manager in Rocklin, CA
Current Employee - Financial Manager in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Easy going environment and dress down days on Fridays. I have a very short commute that makes it hard to change my job. Most of their benefits are pretty good, except their 401k and their vacation days.

Cons

I've been at Oracle for 10 years and out of those 10 years, 6 of those years had salary freezes and bonus freezes. I was hired in at a salary and worked 70+ hours a week. I made less than minimum wage, if you factored in the overtime. I finally received a $2k raise 3 years later. I left the company after working there for 5 years and when I was rehired they had another salary freeze for 2.5 years. You just never know if you will receive a salary increase. Even if you are promoted. The vacation hours max out after 3 years, so there isn't much of an incentive to stay after 3 years. They really should look at changing that. Most companies have tiers. Oracle has 2 tiers. The first is 0-3 years and the other is 3+ years. When they have the salary freezes and you receive a raise for the first time in 3 years, it will only be one year worth of a raise, so you are constantly behind in salary. I'm so far behind in salary that it's not even funny. I'm a manager and just hired someone new to Oracle and they only make a little less than I do and with their over time, they could exceed my salary. That becomes very frustrating when you've been there for 10 years and work more hours than a new hire and don't receive the compensation.

Please take a look at the vacation tier and consider increasing it for people who have been there for several years. Currently, there is no incentive for staying there for more than 3 years. Also, consider matching the 401k up to 6% like most companies. In addition, consider giving small pay raises instead of getting rid of them all together and look at other ways of cutting cost like getting rid of the free beverages.

5871 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

No opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Great Compensation
    Excellent Facilities - Food service, Gym
    Breath-taking scope/vision

Cons

There is Little/no chance of upward mobility from Principal level
    It is Highly-politicized
    No work/life balance is encouraged
    A noticeably cold corporate culture
    Constructive feedback non-existent
    Rampant favoritism
    Tasks are handed out without concern to skill of employee (lot of junior-level work being done by principal-level employees)
    Spider-web of technologies
    Management by fear

Ensure low and mid-level engineers are effectively co-opted, reduce the tension and fear. Reward all achievers, not just favored employees

OK Job with continuos change in direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

good work life balance and support for time off when needed
    stability

Cons

lack of consistent bonus and mgmt reviews

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle