There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Sometimes it's pleasant and most of the times it's frustrating with no salary increases or bonuses for multiple years.

Current Employee - Financial Manager  in  Rocklin, CA
Current Employee - Financial Manager in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Easy going environment and dress down days on Fridays. I have a very short commute that makes it hard to change my job. Most of their benefits are pretty good, except their 401k and their vacation days.

Cons

I've been at Oracle for 10 years and out of those 10 years, 6 of those years had salary freezes and bonus freezes. I was hired in at a salary and worked 70+ hours a week. I made less than minimum wage, if you factored in the overtime. I finally received a $2k raise 3 years later. I left the company after working there for 5 years and when I was rehired they had another salary freeze for 2.5 years. You just never know if you will receive a salary increase. Even if you are promoted. The vacation hours max out after 3 years, so there isn't much of an incentive to stay after 3 years. They really should look at changing that. Most companies have tiers. Oracle has 2 tiers. The first is 0-3 years and the other is 3+ years. When they have the salary freezes and you receive a raise for the first time in 3 years, it will only be one year worth of a raise, so you are constantly behind in salary. I'm so far behind in salary that it's not even funny. I'm a manager and just hired someone new to Oracle and they only make a little less than I do and with their over time, they could exceed my salary. That becomes very frustrating when you've been there for 10 years and work more hours than a new hire and don't receive the compensation.

Please take a look at the vacation tier and consider increasing it for people who have been there for several years. Currently, there is no incentive for staying there for more than 3 years. Also, consider matching the 401k up to 6% like most companies. In addition, consider giving small pay raises instead of getting rid of them all together and look at other ways of cutting cost like getting rid of the free beverages.

5634 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Excellent experience and training from Sr. Director level.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Training on the latest software. Business management training and opportunity for hands-on practice management without losing technical skills are both excellent.

Cons

Practice managers are non-technical primarily. This results in over selling of deliverables and consequent project failure. On the other hand, they are not reluctant to back track to proven project approaches. They do not give in to the technique of the month club without a backup plan.

Oracle has a clear set of career paths, too often politics play a role in advancement, instead of talent.

Current Employee - Sales Consulting Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consulting Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Ability to work from home or Mobile.
    Plenty of tasks to consume 28 hours per day.
    Recognition of front line employees.

Cons

Little work life balance.
    Too much enforcement & tactical execution required of 1st line Managers.
    No raises & little visibility to how variable comp is awarded.

Provide a means to enhance your salary at least as much as afforded your subordinates. With static salaries, and competitors offering much much more compensatio, it becomes difficult to remain loyal. The only way to grow your income is through departing to a competitor; by staying & remaining loyal (while overachieving as well), you end up "paying" for the opportunity to work at Oracle. A way to grow your comp should be available to front line managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!