Oracle

www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

A great database company to start a tech career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Very good benefits, and great atmosphere. I learned a lot about data basing and how large companies work. Overall I would recommend working at Oracle.

Cons

I really cant think of many. The hours can be long. It is some times very hard to spend such long days in the office, but compared to many of my friends who are accountants this isnt too bad.

Not sure. I am a low level employee and couldn't possibly have enough insight into the organization to give management advice.

6453 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Oracle times

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Big Company, many benefits, name recognition, secure unless layoff time, many locations worldwide to choose from, big cash hoard, good technology.

Cons

salary slow to change, positions slow to change, larry ellison, un-sexy technology, too much development outsourcing, long hours,very expensive housing at HQ.

I would suggest overseas offices learn the company culture and apply it. Outsourcing is bad for morale. Layoff compensation should be better to keep good relations with "alumni".

Very good, kept busy, support continuous improvement, allowed to take training any time

Current Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Great team to work with and a network of talented individuals who are always willing to help you out if you email the d-list(s).
    Fully utilized as a consultant. Limited bench time, if any.
    Training at your fingertips
    Good place to consult and see other businesses in action

Cons

I don't really have any downside. Some times, just too busy as there is always work to be done at more than one client at times.

I don't have anything to advise Management or leadership at Oracle at this time.
    I don't have any feed back either.
    Sorry!