Oracle

great place to learn

Current Employee - Managing Principal in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Managing Principal in Miami, FL

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

fast paced environment, lots of travel, great training and interesting projects

Cons

it is a two strikes and you are out environment.. if you are not a go getter, this is not a place for you

6186 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Establishing management level relationships with our customers and ensuring maximum value of our services for them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

employer stability, outstanding medical benefits, ability to work from home, most managers have done the job I'm doing, relaxed workplace, career development options, our CEO is a tremendous visionary

Cons

(1) compensation from Oracle continues decline despite the financial success of the organization. (2) we continue to recruit leadership from organizations that are developmentally behind us so we keep going back and doing things that didn't work before, we relabel it as something new and establish new processes, metrics and standards to do something that usually doesn't add any value then it dies off in 6 months. (2b) I'm frustrated with continually getting new leadership that refuses to acknowledge our past corporate experience (it seems) that implement new things that take us noplace and demand more and more from the teams without giving anything back. Because of this I left a job that was meaningful to me to make more money doing something I don't believe in. (3) We establish new processes sometimes that have a great idea and potential to improve things but they get warped by politics into something useless. (4) Performance is not a driver for compensation.

value your employees, acquire leadership that truly cares about the health of the organization...not just sales people. Make performance relevant to compensation and you will build employee loyalty. We need to continue to be more proactive in our provision of tremendous resources to our customers.

Hierarchical, not for everybody.

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Structured - clear goals - clear leadership - clear decisions. Folks can grumble but the bottom line is it is up to Larry and Safra and everyone else can get on board or leave. Accountability is built in to the structure and maintained.

Cons

Leadership and decisions are at the top level and can be agonizing - sometimes decisions take months when days is more appropriate. Immediate managers lack independence to decide on large business issues. Pushing through personal pet projects difficult at best. It's hard to grow here - best to go elsewhere and return. Big ship, turns slowly - reaction time on issues makes many of them moot.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle