Oracle
3.3 of 5 5,199 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Oracle, Neither Good Nor Bad

Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsOracle is a global corporation offering some employment stability in a dark economic climate. The benefits package is good and offers reasonable options. Oracle encourages team oriented activity and growth. Continuing education is offered and encouraged.

ConsBecause of the size of the organization, it is easy for an employee to get lost and dehumanized. Even though continuing education is offered, it is almost impossible to get it approved. Salaries and wages are usually minimal to midline of what the current area market is, and once you have accepted a starting wage it increases a maximum of 3%, and often several years pass by with no raise (irregardless of performance.) Oracle only matches a small portion of the 401K and that match can exclusively be invested in Oracle stock, an exact quote from the benefits page, 50% of your first 6% in contributions, so Oracle is matching your first 6% at 3%, almost nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStress teamwork and create an award system that encourages employee's efforts.

Offers opportunity for a work life balance, but don't expect much influence on salary

Senior Manager Product Strategy (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: Oracle is a great place to settle down in. In general at least in my job, there is a lot of flexibility in the… Cons: I would not recommend it as a place for a first job though. The training and people development is not as good as I… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management should place more emphasis on the yearly evaluation process and ensure it is a fair process of evaluating employees. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

You're only as good as your last fiscal quarter

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: There are plenty of oppritunities to make money at Oracle and those who are sucessful are well rewarded.… Cons: There is an unhealthy influence from management to do whatever is neccesary to "get the job done" which prevents a clear distinction between work and… Advice to Senior Management: My main advice to management at Oracle would be to coordinate communications better so that employees are not bombarded constantly with emails, conference calls, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.