Oracle

www.oracle.com
  www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

There is no better time in history to be at Oracle.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Working at Oracle offers a wealth of benefits... Here are a few to consider: First, you will benefit by having a top-tier software company, like Oracle, on your resume. Second, successful sales reps are compensated handsomely for their success. Third, the level of intelligence and experience of many of your coworkers and extended teams will be extremely high. And last, you will have good access to the executive level at many companies.

Cons

Oracle is a very complex organization. I do not necessarily see these as "downsides" rather realities... In a nutshell the challenges will come from the following: Acquiring 43 companies in three years does not come without complexities. Couple the acquisitions with the fact that Oracle is a "self-service organization" and you should plan to spend the first six months of your time trying to understand who, how, what system, what group etc. The quicker you map these things out the better off you will be. Oracle is a results oriented organization so quarterly pressures are standard. If you are looking for potluck lunches try another company. Larry is a strong believer in multiple sales reps calling on the same customer. This can cause challenges with customers and sometimes creates tension internally.

We should strongly consider streamlining some of our internal processes and internal systems. The acquisition strategy is working... continue to aggressively invest where it makes sense.

6164 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Good enough for me

Current Employee - Consulting Member of Technical Staff in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consulting Member of Technical Staff in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, interesting work. If I am bored, it is my own fault.

Cons

Huge bureaucracy, difficult to get decisions made in a timely manner, lots of intellectual theft within company

Train your managers better, support them

Good solutions; poor marketing.

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

We're acquiring some of the best-in-breed software and are serious about tying them together to form best-in-class industry solutions. It's the Cisco model applied to software, and thanks to SOA, it's working. For people who have been acquired, the pace can seem slower, but if you can correctly leverage the huge sales force and pipeline, there is a huge customer base that you can sell to.

Cons

Larry's hatred of Microsoft means we have to avoid their stuff wherever possible. We don't use Exchange servers, and our email system is clumsy and painful. We seem to rewrite even basic applications for internal use - why are we using "Oracle Chat" when there are at least ten good alternatives already out there? Comp is on the low side, but they do give out options.

Invest some money in marketing your products! It's galling to see SAP's ads touting software that's nowhere as good as ours when we're not saying anything in return.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle