Oracle

www.oracle.com

No better place to work to deepen your knowledge & skills of a specific Oracle product or niche, but...

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe training and skills you obtain during your time at Oracle are top notch. You get the chance to do the most technically advanced implementations of the particular Oracle product line you were hired for. Within Oracle consulting, you're also able to move around in your product family vertical (BI), and work on various systems (OBIEE, ODI, Hyperion).

ConsThe constant re-orgs make it tough to have a relationship with your manager. Also, many projects within consulting don't have the same collaborative feel as our partner consulting firms (Accenture, Deloitte, IBM).

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should create more detailed metrics for Oracle Consulting to enable the staff to have clear goals to reach, and exceed for promotion. Also, the sales team should work more closely with consulting, to enable Oracle consulting to be the preferred implementer of our own products. Each region of the US differs in relation to the amount of work Oracle consulting has.

not a bad early job

Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle

Pros: it has good cafes and the work is relatively challenging. the groups are somewhat self-autonomous so you can do a bunch of things… Cons: it is a very slow company to react and thus the projects are few and far between. don't expect any performance… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a cog in the wheel of a fast moving tractor trailer

Software Architect (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: Oracle is a stable profitable company with a good brand and reputation. The company offers excellent benefits package and fair compensation. Many office locations with… Cons: Promotions to leadership positions tend to be bestowed upon those with the best social networks and not necessarily to the most skilled individuals. Most… Advice to Senior Management: Need better recognition that innovation and results arise bottom-up -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!