Oracle

www.oracle.com

Oracle can be a good place to work.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Belmont, CA

ProsFor certain levels of Engineers, hourly compensation instead of salary makes up for the often time of long hours. Inconsistent middle management and the challenge of transitioning to ITIL V3 is causing a lot of confusion within the IT team but this also creates opportunities for qualified people. Although there is generally little career guidance, I felt that one could create one's own program for advancement and if the individual was good at what they did, opportunities are often available. Basically one can write your own ticket. Telecommuting is supported and the tools work well.

ConsSome poor middle management and poor leadership within the upper middle management tier. Depending upon department, raises were seldom seen or were so small that they were almost an insult many .

Advice to Senior ManagementAs far as overall opinion, Senior Management has guided the company to a very successful position. The use of acquisition instead of all internal development was a great move. For years Oracle APPS were pretty poor.

not a bad early job

Director (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle

Pros: it has good cafes and the work is relatively challenging. the groups are somewhat self-autonomous so you can do a bunch of things… Cons: it is a very slow company to react and thus the projects are few and far between. don't expect any performance… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a cog in the wheel of a fast moving tractor trailer

Software Architect (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: Oracle is a stable profitable company with a good brand and reputation. The company offers excellent benefits package and fair compensation. Many office locations with… Cons: Promotions to leadership positions tend to be bestowed upon those with the best social networks and not necessarily to the most skilled individuals. Most… Advice to Senior Management: Need better recognition that innovation and results arise bottom-up -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!