There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Oracle Sales - Fun, fast-paced place to work. Very much a work-hard play-hard environment.

Current Employee - Business Development  in  Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Business Development in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone in the sales org is on your side and is an advocate for you. Management's goal is to get you promoted. The opportunities as far as money and promotion are quite remarkable. I have seen people move from inside sales to the field in their mid-twenties, where you can make 100s of thousands of dollars a year.

Cons

Since Oracle has so many products to sell, I run into a lot of customers or prospects that are sick of getting calls from Oracle. There's internal competition for deals and LoBs fighting each other for business.

Reorganize the sales organization so the large, strategic accounts truly have one account manager who can be a central point of contact for all things Oracle. This would eliminate the need for sales and biz dev from many LoBs to be prospecting into the same account and contacts.

5681 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

I have learned a ton and worked a ton.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In our consulting group you will learn a ton, have direct access to support and development, and have the benefits of working with a large team.

Cons

- Extensive Travel
    - Inadequate preparation time for new projects
    - Frequent group turnover as people move to new practices.

Find an option for consultants to have more work / life balance.

Great Company and Great People

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for and a great brand that I am proud to represent. Good salary and great coworkers. Everyone is pretty happy. Tons of training opportunities, they really invest in their employees. You are encouraged to move up and get promoted, although they have a tendency to give you a hard time about getting raise. Very happy over all though.

Cons

Hard to navigate within the company due to the many levels of management and long corporate approval process. Hard to get a raise, although moving up is highly encouraged.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!