Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,760 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Huge IT company with lots of -maybe too many- resources, some great people in the wider organization & a good experience

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Málaga (Spain)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of internal resources and great colleagues to collaborate with, great initial "Foundation" training in Dublin, lots of learning resources (technical, managerial, etc.). One of the highest compensation scheme in the industry. Great vision and overall execution. Nice offices in the area of Malaga, close to the sea and in driving distance from a skiing resort, Marbella, frequent high-quality sales training. Excellent quality of life.

ConsNo incentive for software sales to collaborate with their hardware counterparts in order to leverage the "Red stack" message and potential benefits for customers.
Too much of a bureaucracy with kind of "permission to sell" processes.
Self-service company (can be listed in Pros sometimes).

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example: be more present in the office, get the software salespeople to actively work with their hardware counterparts by including some sort of hardware component to their target, get the field people to remember that nobody was born a field representative and may have started her/his carreer as an inside or in a direct sales company. Finally, don't let Idiots Become Managers, leave that to the competition.

Very good

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees are blessed with Excellent work life balance Cons: Too diversified, need to promote Oracle as a whole Advice to Senior Management: Too diversified, need to promote Oracle as a whole Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Oracle

Applications Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Opportunities to advance, or transfer to offices all over… Cons: Processes that are Soul-destroyingly frustrating Advice to Senior Management: Buy SalesForce.com Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.