Oracle
3.3 of 5 5,212 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Company has temporarily lost its way in the US...Once was great...will be again once they analyze what went wrong&fix it

Vice President (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat brand, financial resources to fund its thoughtful product and acquisition strategy, fluid work structures allow for excellence, broad portfolio of products and services, greatly improving SaaS options and hosting services. Rough and tumble culture in US Sales and Consulting that traditionally has rewarded excellence. World class visionary CEO.

ConsNew President of Sales, Consulting, Hosting that is detached from reality and with a muddled vision and poor communication skills, reorganization that feels like the org chart went in a Waring blender, will likely be a year of disruption and decline in US sales, exodus of top talent from US Sales and Consulting with the departure of the long-stranding EVP for North America Sales and Consulting. Sales force for license is confused by the new sales model with all its overlapping market segments. Consulting in US likely to be down due to self-induced disruptions in the sales force and loss of key leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to develop a learning culture that focuses on continuous improvement. Highly reactionary US sales/delivery culture that on a yearly basis implements dramatic and discontinuous change that does not allow for refinement and optimization of what works. Fusion is the investment of a lifetime, protect the brand with world class pre-release product testing.

A very good place to establish yourself in technology sales

Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Burlington, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, Achievable Quotas, Sales-centric Culture. Cons: Spotty Sales Management; Bureaucracy; Not Client-centric Enough. Advice to Senior Management: A little more caution in hiring would go a long way.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A pocket of wonderful in a huge corporation

Marketing (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong, supportive management Excellent teamwork in our division Great communications - everyone on the same page in our division Ability to maintain… Cons: "Greater Oracle" process inflexibility can inhibit productivity and frustrate customers. Rules are there for a reason, but there is… Advice to Senior Management: For all levels of management, take a look at the groups that are exceeding their goals and also have high employee satisfaction.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.