Oracle

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Intense, yet fulfilling environment

Current Employee - Solution Specialist in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Solution Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Security of a big company. Large application portfolio.

Cons

Sometimes too big to hear out employees. Company sometimes driven by numbers and policies, not people.

6160 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Oracle hardware department

Current Employee - VLSI ENGINEER in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - VLSI ENGINEER in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Oracle began to work hard in hardware area. The acquisition of Sun System give Oracle an profit increase in servers sales. WIth the software foundation, Oracle may turn into a vertical IT company like HP and IBM

Cons

It still behind IBM and Intel in microprocessor of servers market. The base salary is high, but Sr and Staff engineer is just a bit more than that. The company doesn't have a innovation culture like Google. It's just a good place to wait for retiring.

Get more aggressive. Get all the engineers to work more hard.

Challenging, good pay good work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

Cons

Raises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Company needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle