Oracle
3.3 of 5 5,193 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Well balanced work family life

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

ProsThe upper management has good vision and doesn't hesitate to adopt to the market trend. Work environment has good family. If you are willing your way up, there are plenty of places for you to grow. Don't expect to do your job and get rewarded automatically. Make your work noticed by the management. I have cordial relationship with my management and well respected by others in the team.

ConsEngineering process is not well adopted to agile principles. Still too tight with too many processes. Need to adopt flexible latest trends. It is ridiculous that you have to send it all the way up the food chain to purchases small and that too take incredibly long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be too uptight with processes. Well, you have to be control cost, but don't hesitate to spend if the productivity increases by that small spending. Try to keep the talents even if you have to pay more and don't let the other companies grab them.

Oracle Veteran's Review

Regional Vice President (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great products & great people. Cons: Complicated Matrixed GTM Sales Model, Pay under market Advice to Senior Management: Need to focus on compensation for high perfomers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Extremely well-run (but tightly controlled) company

Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Profitable company. Long history of success. High achievers are rewarded (if they're in a high-flying business unit). Oracle IT does a reasonable… Cons: The company is tightly controlled ... it's unbelievable sometimes how high up the management chain that some small purchases have to go for approval (and… Advice to Senior Management: Allow employees to be more productive by including better computing equipment in the internal… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.