Oracle

www.oracle.com

Former StorageTek equipment. Company squashed good technologies and ostracized them self from customers.

Senior Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsFlex able time. Health and 401k contributions good.

ConsNo experience in running a hardware company. Trying to deploy software customer service practices in hardware data centers Lack of understanding critical customer requirements.
Respoce time to fix hardware can take 2-3 weeks and get lost in backline support before being paged out to field personnel leading to customer dissatisfaction and anger by the time field help is involved..
No further sales or development in the storage products and traditional storage SE and FE from StorageTek are being let go or are leaving to seek employment else ware.
No downward vision of hardware progression by high level CEO's.
Company does not need your input on best practices and ignores or is angered you even bring it up. They invented the wheel they just need bodies to run it.
Total disconnect between departments, hardware,software,backline,IT.No urgency to get correct tools i.e laptops.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the proven practices of StorageTek and Sun run the hardware side,Oracle has lost too many customer to ignorance unwillingness to work with customers. Customer constantly express "hard to work with" company. They do their tech refresh with companies that have a life-cycle plan and change data center equipment to other venders cutting out Oracle/Sun?StorageTek from those data centers.

Good company to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Get exposure and access to upcoming technologies, trends. Has options… Cons: Not much flexibility offered to work form home or similar… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast paced, successful company. Not family friendly.

Business Practices Manager (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cutting edge technology. Fast paced environment. Talented people.… Cons: Work-life balance should be more of a priority for the company. Compensation on the low side. Management seems to defer to will of sales… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!