Mixed Feelings

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer  in  Redwood Shores, CA
Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to work for if you have a family. Flexible working hours. Good health insurance. (Sorry I know I have to make it a minimum 20 words but it is really hard to figure out any other pros...)

Cons

This company treats old employee very badly. I never receive a raise in the past four years. No bonus or anything related. There is no paid group lunch or dinner. No annual parties etc. Talented people leave frequently coz upper management do not value their contribute.

Treat your loyal employees better than the new hires. Should give out annual raises at least to beat the inflation!

Other Reviews for Oracle

Best behavior mode

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Oracle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Oracle has products that work, and clients respond favorably to sales and pre sale tech resources.

Cons

Oracle has a bizarre if not confounding internal sales process that is anything but automated or efficient. Adding to the confusion is the expectation that everyone understands how the process works. Heaven help you if you don't as there is little to no understanding afforded to a new person to the process.

Automate the internal deal management process, and redesign training to cater to new users who have yet to understand Oracle's complex order management process. Someone isn't incompetent if they can't speak Portugese after 2-3 days of training.

Very cool work environment but using technologies that are a bit outdated

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance, freedom of work style, chance to be in a very popular domain, many facilities like gym, yoga classes etc

Cons

Work is a little boring and technologies used are relatively old. Appraisal cycle is once a year and they do not give good raise

Salaries need to be adjusted with current market. Appreciated if we get the raise that is due instead of buying many companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!