Oracle

www.oracle.com
  www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Good on the CV but not for the soul

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Got to work with some great people, particularly in my team.
Exposed to some interesting hardware and software, allowing me to learn things that normally would have to be learned outside of the working day.
Work from home policy, while not official, can be handy. More so for people like me who suffer migraines, allowing to avoid the hassle of commutes/travel but not use a sick day if the migraine is "bearable".

Cons

No real rewards for hard work done. Level increases happen but in name only.
With level increase you are expected to do more work at the new level but for the same pay as before.
After three and a half years working there, having met every target and goal set before me and even going above and beyond, never once got a pay raise.

Reward your workers and you will keep them. If you expect to get more work for less wage don't be surprised that people leave.

6187 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

good company

I worked at Oracle

Pros

My work was in India. The salary was good. Smart people were together with me. Flexible hour policy was an added bonus.

Cons

Had to work at night sometimes in order to match US timings. Salray raises were very in frequent. Office was not very nice.

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Associate Technical Analyst in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Less amount of work load, good and wide variety of food in the cafeteria, good environment, seniors helping a lot, no strict office timings

Cons

Cab pickup not available at doorstep ( you have to avail free bus service of the company ), less number of team outings, no diwali gifts for employees

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle