There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Good on the CV but not for the soul

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Got to work with some great people, particularly in my team. Exposed to some interesting hardware and software, allowing me to learn things that normally would have to be learned outside of the working day. Work from home policy, while not official, can be handy. More so for people like me who suffer migraines, allowing to avoid the hassle of commutes/travel but not use a sick day if the migraine is "bearable".

Cons

No real rewards for hard work done. Level increases happen but in name only. With level increase you are expected to do more work at the new level but for the same pay as before. After three and a half years working there, having met every target and goal set before me and even going above and beyond, never once got a pay raise.

Advice to Management

Reward your workers and you will keep them. If you expect to get more work for less wage don't be surprised that people leave.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It all depends on how you utilize the opportunities

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a very flexible work. so, you are completely free to prioritize your work. You are allotted the work and its upto to finish it up withing the given stipulated time. No micro management by the higher management. Also, you can do extra work if you are interested. I did get to work on tools and even patents during my free time.

Cons

not very much innovative or you wont get to work on cutting edge technologies. Very much suitable for someone who looks to spend much time with his/her family

2. Good Company to work for !

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very good company to work for. The best part is every individual has an importance unlike the services company. Your Role is clearly defined and goals are set accurately. Managers help you achieve your goals and its part of their performance(now that is best part).

Cons

As with big companies, the promotions are little slow. And you have to wait your term to achieve the same.