Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Principal Member Technical Staff
Current Employee - Principal Member Technical Staff

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Oracle makes great products ad employs some brilliant people. I am in engineering so my comments speak to that organization. The benefits are top notch and the resources are good I.e. the hardware we use etc. No, we do not get our own Exadata full rack!

Cons

It is a big company so there are waves of politics to wade through if you want to get ahead. You. Need to play the game because rest assured, others are. If you really want to advance in engineering, you need to work in Redwood Shores. Also, the bonuses and stock options have been WAY down in recent years at least for our group.

Advice to Management

Stop neglecting your software developers in order to focus on your new hardware acquisitions. We used to be your pride and joy and now it seems we are just supporting the machine.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great opportunities and work culture!

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a diverse set of technologies you get to work with.The work culture at this place is great.

Cons

Nothing major.Just need to make sure as an employee that you are transfering between teams and working on multiple projects in order to keep your learning curve good.Else,you might be stuck working on the same module for a long time.

2. Employees are treated like slaves and no rewards for good performance

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can work from home and that's about it. The only perk that is left is a nice gym as the company took away all the freebies including the soup from the kitchens!

Cons

- Good performance is not rewarded - You have to quit Oracle and comeback for a salary increase - Employees have not seen a eaise or bonus in years now while senior management pockets millions of dollars each year in bonuses and salaries. - No romotions for employees to keep them in a lower pay brackets! - The company abuses employees in the USA so they can quit on their own and be replaced by resources in India

Advice to Management

Management should reward talent to get innovation. Maybe Oracle does not have to buy so many innovative companies if they paid their own employees for innovation.