Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,760 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Awesome internship, but a catch!

Intern (Former Employee)
Westminster, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time for less than a year

ProsWorked from home, managers went out of the way to include me in Oracle employee conferences, even though they didn't have to. Helped me learn more about the graduate world. Paid about 50% more than other companies did for internships. People were nice and very helpful. They even set me up to talk with senior high profile employees about my future. These people did not have to take hours out of their day to mentor me.

ConsI graduated, asked for a reference and was told their policies wouldn't allow them, but would love to recommend me for internal jobs. Oracle mostly hires older and experienced people or have outsourced their programing development, thus no newgrad jobs. No reference hurt me. Even with the nice pay, a reference would have been much much better. Then again most interviewers seemed to understand about the policies.

I also didn't care for the majority work at home. I got stir crazy never leaving my house.

Bureaucratic Nightmare

Product Management Director (Current Employee)
Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Oracle has a very nice gym, and there are lots of very experienced people to work with. The pace is slow, so… Cons: Stupendous bureaucracy. Really. Process checks on top of process checks on top of process checks. It is not possible to be responsive to customer needs… Advice to Senior Management: Fire the 20000 low performers, and 20000 process enforcers who are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun working for a huge presence with lots of room to grow.

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: The Oracle name carries a lot of weight and can be a great help in securing business and showing your expertise… Cons: As with any large company there is a lot of process and documentation to be completed to move things forward. It… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.