Great environment and people

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of potential and internal career opportunities. The technology and platforms used are cutting-edge and the expertise and skill set of coworkers is quite good.

Cons

The company can be quite a bit bureaucratic with multiple layers of management and 'dotted' line managers. Also, there were frequent 'musical chair' re-orgs, say once or twice a year.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Awesome internship, but a catch!

Former Employee - Intern in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Westminster, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked from home, managers went out of the way to include me in Oracle employee conferences, even though they didn't have to. Helped me learn more about the graduate world. Paid about 50% more than other companies did for internships. People were nice and very helpful. They even set me up to talk with senior high profile employees about my future. These people did not have to take hours out of their day to mentor me.

Cons

I graduated, asked for a reference and was told their policies wouldn't allow them, but would love to recommend me for internal jobs. Oracle mostly hires older and experienced people or have outsourced their programing development, thus no newgrad jobs. No reference hurt me. Even with the nice pay, a reference would have been much much better. Then again most interviewers seemed to understand about the policies.

I also didn't care for the majority work at home. I got stir crazy never leaving my house.

The IT Powerhouse

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really talented coworkers, immediate respect in the industry, solutions that are leading edge, admin support is all self service via company systems

Cons

Salary is slightly below industry, you're on the bench - you're gone, HR is slow