Oracle

www.oracle.com
  www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Director in Oracle's global alliances and channels team.

Former Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Decent work-life balance. Great health club on campus for employees at headquarters. Freedom to work from home. Opportunity to travel internationally.

Cons

Pay is below market. Bonuses are stingy. Stock option grants are small and infrequent while Larry and his cronies give themselves millions every year. No concept of professional development. No company events whatsoever (i.e. holiday party, summer picnic).

One thing I always gave Oracle credit for was that they were at least genuine. The company doesn't care about its employees -- and they never claim to.

6161 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Stressful culture

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Fairly flexible work time, good for the resume, free tea (need to have 20 words but don't see more pros)

Cons

Poor retention policy, hard to find room for professional growth, stressful culture, low morale among people, success of a particular group is always averaged with the rest of the company resulting in lack of success appreciation

Improve corporate culture and retention policy

Company Acquired by Oracle

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Great benefits. I've worked at many companies in the Bay Area and by far Oracle has the best benefits I have ever seen too bad it didn't last longer. I was at a company acquired by Oracle and was laid-off. They honored the acquired companies severance agreement quickly. In addition, even though they laid me off they gave me a prorated bonus based on the acquired companies terms. I thought this was fair. think Oracle acquirse and lay-off so frequently they have a very good process in place and are run like a machine.

Cons

I was at a company that was hired by Oracle and helped them integrate information for a few months as an Oracle employee with full health benefits and 401(k). It seemed a bit strange to get this for a few months, but not much makes sense in the corporate world. I did not work in Redwood City. I never saw one Oracle employee come to our office. I worked by e-mail and on the phone with Oracle counterparts. It seemed a bit impersonal. Also, I was confused as what to do the last day I was there. There was a lack of communication around how to turn in your badge and laptop. I inquired the last minute and was told to just leave everything at the desk. There was no exit interview by HR or even any signed paper work. Oracle seemed very impersonal and did not seem to care about employees that they did not deem essential. This wasn't the first time I was laid-off by a large corporation and comparatively speaking Oracle lacked sensitivity.

In addition, there was very poor communication around the acquisition process leaving employees nervous.

Since you acquire so many companies, provide better communiation to the employees of the acquired company. Also, use a little humanity when dealing with employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle