Oracle

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Application Sales Representative

Current Employee - Applications Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Applications Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Oracle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, business casual dress, many perks, flexible schedule, no micro managing, no high pressure sales tactics, upper end of pay scale in technology and unlimited potential with a perennial winner of an IT company!

Cons

Have not found any yet other than the internal systems are ironically pretty messed up and process management is a bit of a quagmire!

Keep up the good work!

6447 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, learn and grow.

Former Employee - Suppoprt Management in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Suppoprt Management in Orlando, FL

I worked at Oracle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is above average for the Orlando area
    Most get the opportunity to work from home.
    Training offered is better than some.

Cons

Company is global and is focusing on hiring outside the US
    Even though the margin is very high, this company is bent on increasing their margin every quarter, even at the expense of their employees and customers.

Focus a little time and cash flow on taking care of your employees. You will come out ahead in the long run. You are an American company, your actions have an impact here at home. Rethink your staffing strategy.

A great place to be

Current Employee - Principal Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Sales Consultant

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As with any employer, your experience is more a factor of who you are working with and what you are doing. In my case, Oracle has turned out to be the best job I've ever had. I avoided Oracle for years because of its reputation of such a hard driving, aggressive sales force. Instead, I've found a professional culture that respects and values the contributions of SCs. My products work, and they are some of the best in the industry. There is none of the "blame the SC" culture that I've found at other companies when things go wrong. I'm making as much money here as I've ever made. The benefits are some of the best I've ever had. My teammates are knowledgeable and helpful. The hours are reasonable, plus we make overtime due to Oracle's unique comp plan.

Cons

There is a definite competition between different sales groups as Oracle, specifically apps versus tech. That can make it difficult and frustrating for SCs who just want to get the job done while the reps argue account control and strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle