Oracle

www.oracle.com

Good place to work

Former Employee - Principal Consultant
Former Employee - Principal Consultant

Pros

Good salary and benefits, specially if you're a sales person. There are many opportunities in terms of work, since they deal with many different niches (E.g.: CRM, BSS, OSS, etc). It is also possible to pursue a career abroad since they have projects in many countries using their products. Company culture is ok as well.

Cons

High load of work. Too many hierarchical levels to get involved in a business decision. Performance appraisal criteria is a grey area, people often get surprised with the results.

Let's streamline internal processes in order to get things done faster.

Other reviews for Oracle

Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Strong process in place which helps employees to achieve desired target

Cons

I haven't found any con yet. However, if I would notice ever then I will update it here.

A company with a good portfolio of platform products

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Recognised brand with a deep penetration into the high end of the market. A brand that businesses would want to graduate to, once they reach a steady state.

Cons

Perceived to be an arrogant company to work with by some outsiders, while insiders face growth hurdles due to extremely OPEX focussed management.

While Oracle is known for aggressive Direct Sales force and it worked well with few products to sell, it may not be the way to go forward with so many different products in our portfolio. We need to invest more in the grooming and retention of partners that can help us scale and reach out to markets at a much lower cost than Direct Sales. We need to rationalise the Partnering aspects of our business.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!