There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Oracle review

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Great company, great leadership, great software products

Cons

nothing I can think of

5639 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

This is a good company!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work and life are very well balanced. People there are very nice. They treat college graduates very well.

Cons

No free food....I don't like staying at cube and dial in to join all meetings. Personally prefer an env where I can talk with my colleagues face to face

Awesome Foundation for Learning Enterprise Software Technology!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at World Wide Headquarters in Redwood Shores, California (The Emerald City). Opportunity to use Oracle University to develop knowledge about enterprise technology. The company has enough business unit scale such that making lateral or vertical changes in career is possible.

Acquisition of core technologies from other companies provides added opportunities to learn something new and applicable to industry. Pay commensurate with level of entry into the business and previous experience - however, as is the case with most all enterprise software companies, Sales produces some of the biggest rewards in terms of annual compensation.

When I worked at Oracle, the culture was rich and diverse ethnically, hard-working professionally and fairly relaxed physically. There was a restaurant on the ground floor of almost every building on the campus back then - not sure if that remains the case. The food was tasty (not five star by any means) and you never had to leave the campus for much of anything throughout the day, unless you wanted to. I ate breakfast before work on the ground floor of building 4 almost each day.

Great place for young talent to begin a career in enterprise software and equally a great place for seasoned and experience veterans to finish a career in enterprise software. There aren't very many enterprise software companies that I can say that I would not mind having the opportunity to retire from, but outside of SAP, Oracle just might be that company!

Cons

Sometimes low to mid level management can be volatile in terms of turnover and change management can be somewhat overdone on internal procedures.

Entry level salaries can be on the low-side, but well rounded employee benefits, on-site facilities, state of the art equipment, generous vacation and paid-time-off can help to buffer.

Depending on what you do and where you work, demand for output can be high - but you don't become a $6bln enterprise software company without high output somewhere - get used to it.

Continue to work on maintaining a diverse employee ecosystem. There is always more strength in diversity than without it. Do everything to extend and continually improve the Oracle University experience for employees looking to learn new technologies and then use what they have learned in various business units within Oracle.

Continue to expect higher levels of output but compensate non-technical as well as technical employees in a way that retains talent and reduces movement outside of Oracle for "greener" pastures.

Overall, keep the workplace, culture and the environment at Oracle, fresh.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!