Oracle
3.3 of 5 5,209 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

I have been fortunate to work for a great mentor who has helped me grow and take advantage of my time at Oracle.

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsOpportunity to learn software development and sales practices from a top software company.
Competitive (not the best but far from the worst) salaries and benefits.
In general, people are treated as professionals with a high level of personal autonomy.

ConsTypical large corporation problems: Lack of agility when seeking to make changes or introduce innovation (it can take a long time to get things done).
Different groups become silos, introducing competition or mistrust where cooperation should exist.
The compensation processes (raises, promotions, bonuses) are not very transparent, often creating doubt and uncertainty. Hard to fully understand why they are given, or if they'll be given. This stems from a lack of access to upper management for many employees.
This, in turn, comes from the often distributed, home based work force. We don't see each other, which slows team formation and prevents knowledge sharing.

Good place to work. Some pains of a large company

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good work life balance. Lots of products and opportunities Cons: Large company with sometimes many groups doing the same thing. Acquisitions lead to some amount… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the technology current and give long time employees more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company, very competent colleagues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Oracle

Pros: One can In depth knowledge of the product and work… Cons: very much of specialization so you cannot expect production type… Advice to Senior Management: NA Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.