Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,792 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

I have been fortunate to work for a great mentor who has helped me grow and take advantage of my time at Oracle.

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunity to learn software development and sales practices from a top software company.
Competitive (not the best but far from the worst) salaries and benefits.
In general, people are treated as professionals with a high level of personal autonomy.

ConsTypical large corporation problems: Lack of agility when seeking to make changes or introduce innovation (it can take a long time to get things done).
Different groups become silos, introducing competition or mistrust where cooperation should exist.
The compensation processes (raises, promotions, bonuses) are not very transparent, often creating doubt and uncertainty. Hard to fully understand why they are given, or if they'll be given. This stems from a lack of access to upper management for many employees.
This, in turn, comes from the often distributed, home based work force. We don't see each other, which slows team formation and prevents knowledge sharing.

senior Principal product manager

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros: Good work and life balance. do not match to market Cons: Bad salary, compensation, growth and management outlook to employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

software engineer

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: great company to work with Cons: will upload the downsides later More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.